Most of my friends know that copper sulfate is a fertilizer and a fungicide, and it has a wide range of applications. In order to use it better, you need to pay attention to many points. Let's take a look at it together:
1. The ability of copper sulfate to kill pathogens varies with the changes of the water environment. Generally speaking, its toxicity increases with the increase of temperature, and decreases with the increase of pH, the increase of organic matter and the presence of salt. Therefore, the dosage should be flexibly controlled according to the specific conditions of the water environment.
2. It is often mixed with ferrous sulfate at a ratio of 5:2. Ferrous sulfate is mainly used to eliminate fixation and remove obstacles for killing parasites. Especially the Chinese fish flea parasitic disease, the end of the gill filaments of the diseased fish is swollen and white, and the mucus increases greatly. If the effect of single use is not obvious, it must be mixed with ferrous sulfate. Pay attention to the same concentration as ferrous sulfate.
3. Excessive amounts can cause necrosis of fish kidney tissue, destruction of hematopoietic tissue, and increase of liver fat. At the same time, it may remain in the gills, muscles and liver of fish, hindering intestinal absorption, thereby affecting the food intake and growth of fish. Can not be used often.
4. The safe concentration range of copper sulfate is small. In general use, splash it in the whole pool with a concentration of 0.5ppm～0.7ppm or dip it in a bath with a concentration of 8ppm for 20 to 30 minutes. Therefore, it is necessary to accurately measure the volume of aquaculture water and calculate the amount of medicine used when using it.
5. The temperature of the water for dissolving copper sulfate should not exceed 60°C, otherwise the liquid medicine will easily fail.
6. Note that it is not effective against melon worm disease. Because the small melon worm forms a sac on the surface of the fish, it is not easy to be killed, and it will cause a large number of fish deaths after use.
It is precisely because copper sulfate is widely used and has a certain degree of toxicity, so you should pay attention to it when using it. The above are a few simple points, and I hope it can be helpful to everyone.